Suggesting that he simply wants to play again, the former Hab spoke to Swedish media and indicated that he would like to play for the Allsvenskan AIK, the team he played with during the 2004-2005 NHL lockout.
Here is a (bad) translation of the original story:
That hockeyAllsvenskan AIK ‘re after Georges Laraque is no secret.
The day after the forward was fired from Montreal confirmed AIK’s sports manager Anders Gozzi to be contacted. And it is hoped that Laraque, who played for AIK during the NHL lockout 2004-05, will return.
The Club’s financial situation has been produced as a problem – something that Laraque, late last night, dismissed:
– I would play there for free. I do not care about money right now, “he says.
– I would come over if they just paid trips, meals and other expenses. No salary.
The reason for the 33-year old’s generosity: According to him a desire to AIK to reach maximum range.
– It’s where they belong. It would be my contribution, “said Laraque.
– AIK may have financial problems now, but they only go up, everything will resolve itself.
You have previously mentioned that Leksand has also shown interest. Just how hungry are you playing there?
– Should I be honest AIK is the only team I care about in Sweden. My cousin (Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre
in Leksand) would of course want me to come to him, but my heart is with AIK and the Black Army, “said Laraque, and also excludes games in other leagues in Europe:
– I’m going to Sweden.