I hate to be the bearer of bad news but guess what Habdom? We lost our fourth straight last night in Ottawa while Florida took two points, giving us a precarious one point hold on a playoff position that looked like a lock only two months ago. All credit to the guys on the team who are playing like they want it – I think it’s quite clear to everyone exactly who that is.
- Gainey started Price again only to see him chased after a period and a bit after allowing four goals on 15 shots. Halak replaced him and stopped the next 23 of 24.
- Our “top” line of Kovalev, Kostitsyn and Plekanec
- Guillaume Latendresse scored twice, including the first goal of the game only two minutes in.
- Alex Kovalev: 19:03 on the ice, two shots, no points, -1.
- Lapierre had an assist and was +3.
- Tom Kostopolous had a goal, two assists and was +2.
So our underpaid pluggers carry the game while our top lines are invisible and our “star” goalie plays like he’s full of holes. Bring on Toronto…gulp.